How to remove stubborn stains
Our washer repair experts share their top tips for laundry stain removal...
Don’t throw away those stained clothes! We have a few simple tricks on how to get rid of those dreaded stains, from red wine to deodorant stains we may have a solution for you. Stains are inevitable; however, they don’t have to ruin your clothing for good.
We have created a thorough how-to guide on how to best remove even the most stubborn stains.
Grease splashing your clothes whilst cooking is super annoying. Don’t worry, if we act quickly this will not be a deal-breaker. Our trick for getting grease out of your clothes is using dish soap and white vinegar. Dish soap will tackle grease similarly to how it does with pots and pans. The steps we suggest you follow are:
- Cover the grease stain with dish soap and cold water
- Rub the soap and cold water into the stain softly with a soft bristle toothbrush
- Rinse the stain with white vinegar
- Finally, place the stained clothing into the washer and run the wash cycle
A mix of sweat and deodorant can be a nightmare to tackle. You don’t want to have to throw those tops away after every stressful situation you are in. However, it’s nothing that a bit of vinegar and lemon juice can’t tackle.
- Mix ½ cup of water with ½ cup of lemon juice with 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- Rub the mixture into the stain
- Finally, wash like usual
Bloodstains can be one of the toughest stains to tackle, however, the right treatment can be used to removed blood from almost any fabric. When dealing with blood stains the first thing to do is:
- Wash the stain in cold water
- Remove the item and then place it in a bowl of cold water and detergent and let it soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Next, wash your item on your usual wash cycle
Have you got make-up on an outfit you wanted to wear? Don’t let it ruin your night! We are here to help and suggest you:
- Spray a small amount of shaving foam on the stain and allow it to set
- Rub the set foam into the stain with a toothbrush
- Finally, wash the stain with cold water
- Repeat this process until the make-up stain has been removed
Red wine stains are everyone’s worst nightmare, however careful you are sometimes you just can’t control a red wine spill. We may have a solution to help you out, with the power of salt and club soda your clothing may not be ruined like you once thought. To tackle this stain, you will need to:
- Pat the stain with a paper towel
- Cover the stain with salt
- Cover the salt with club soda and let it for at least an hour
- Try and remove as much of the salt as possible before placing the stained item in the washer on a cold setting.
Children will always find a way to get grass stains all over their newly washed clothes, this is unavoidable and therefore you may have to tackle the dreaded grass stains on a weekly basis, with our failsafe hacks you will never have to worry about grass stains again. Our steps to save you are:
- Dab the grass stain with a paper towel that has been soaked in rubbing alcohol
- Cover the mark in a combination of laundry detergent and baking soda for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes scrape off the laundry detergent and baking soda
- Pop the grass-stained clothing into the washer on a cold wash.
A lot of stains can simply be removed by a functional washer. However, if your washer isn’t running efficiently you could be left with unwashed clothing or even stained items that could be easily washed with a working washer. The stains may not be as stubborn as you originally thought, and you could be facing an issue with your washing machine. If this is the case, we are here to help you out. Here at Go Assist, we have a team of experienced technicians that will be able to fix any issue you may have with your washer. Go online and book your washer repair with us today and get your laundry sparkling like new in no time.
For quick and easy washer repairs contact Go Assist today
If you are facing any faults with your washer our expert technicians are well equipped to fix this for you. Whenever we can we aim to get our experts to you either the same or the next day. Book your repair today and get your appliance running like new as soon as possible.